Gutter Cleaning Throughout Bergen County NJ & Rockland County NY
The Superior Seamless Gutters experienced team has been helping homeowners keep their gutters free of debris and working properly since 1993. We use the highest quality cleaning methods to remove sticks, leaves, bugs, and other debris from your gutters so that you can properly drain water away from your home.
Debris that accumulates in gutters can cause water to back up. A gutter that is full of water can weigh as much as three hundred pounds. That weight can cause the gutter to go off pitch, which may result in such problems as:
- Dry rot to your siding, windows and doors
- Foundation and landscape erosion
- Water seeping into your home
These issues can cost you thousands of dollars in damages. To keep your gutters and leaders working their best, we recommend cleaning them out 2-4 times each year. We offer an Annual Maintenance Package to help you keep on schedule and worry free.
Call us today for a free gutter cleaning quote.
Gutter Maintenance FAQs
9 times out of 10 the answer is no. If you try to reseal a corner by putting tar or silicone on top of existing sealant, it is likely that the gutter will leak right away again. Replacing the whole corner or end cap is the best solution.
More times than not, it will. The gutter is made of aluminum and when it bends it will never be completely straight again no matter how hard you try. That bend affects the flow of water.
More times than not, the answer is no. Gutters are not sealed in the rear. They are hung on hangers spaced out every 16 inches. Hence if they are clogged, they will over flow in the front and rear.
Looking up at your gutters find where the downspouts come out at the top. If you see very dark streaks in the bends of the elbows, that’s a sure sign that they are clogged. A cleaning should be done ASAP. Also, any overflow during a rain storm needs your immediate attention.
We recommend gutter cleaning between 2-4 times per year, with a minimum of once a year following this schedule:
- Once in late March just before “April Showers”
- Once in June when all the spring debris such as seed pods, oak tassels, blossoms finishes falling
- Once in late October. Don’t wait until late fall to clean this out. It’s too much weight on the gutters and an early freeze can leave you with this situation for an entire winter.
- Late November/early December when about 80 to 85 percent of the leaves are down.